ESP Module - Teaching English for Specific Purposes
ESP is an expanding field which opens up new career perspectives for students of English:
- teaching in business & vocational schools (HAK, HBLA, HTL,... - around 60% of Austrian upper-secondary students attend BHS schools!)
- adult education
- occupational fields outside the teaching profession (e.g. journalism, cultural management, marketing, advertising)
- introduce students to selected content areas
- enable students to work with ESP texts
- prepare students for different teaching contexts
Certification / Issuing of Certificate
Successful candidates will receive a university certificate called "Certificate in Teaching English for Specific Purposes" (CerTESP).
The drafting of the certificate should be requested from Mag. Monika Wittmann after all four courses have been completed.
Student Quotes about the ESP Module
"... this module has made me keener to teach ESP-classes in the future ..."
"... I’ve learnt to analyse and approach ESP texts and use my knowledge in a teaching context ..."
"... I feel much more confident now when thinking of teaching ESP ..."
"... the module has been very exciting and has given me loads of new insights ..."
"... genre analysis is a highly useful approach to texts. It will be very helpful foreign language teaching in general ..."